Recipe for Natillas
“These are the Real McCoy”
Recipe by Marcella Roesch
- 1 qt of Milk
- 3?4 cup of Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs separated
- 1?4 cup Flour
- 1 1?2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1. Add sugar & salt to milk and scald. (use a double boiler)
- 2. Make a paste with egg yolks, flour & 1 cup of scalded milk.
- 3. Add the rest of scalded milk & continue to cook until consistency is
- of soft custard.
- 4. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry & fold them into custard.
- 5. Pour into bowl and when kind of cool (optional) add some slices of
- bananas & mix very gently.
- 6. Spoon into individual dessert dishes & sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 7. Refrigerate & enjoy